Curious to Know How Much Money You are Spending?
The average cost of cigarettes is about $6.00 per pack, with chew tobacco about $5.00 per can and electronic cigarettes about $2.20 per day. A regular tobacco habit will cost you an average of about $2,000 per year. Add this to the savings you may be missing out on by not completing Trilogy’s Wellness Rate Requirements and that is another $1,300. Every year you could be saving at least $3,300. What would you do with that savings?
Within 20 Minutes of Quitting Smoking, Your Body Begins a Series of Changes that Continue for Years
- After 20 minutes, your heart rate drops.
- After 12 hours, the level of carbon monoxide in your blood drops to normal.
- From 2 weeks to 3 months, your heart attack risk begins to drop. Your lung functions begin to improve.
- From 1 to 9 months, your coughing and shortness of breath decrease.
- After 1 year, your added risk of Coronary Heart Disease is half that of a smokers.
- After 5 years, your stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker’s 5-15 years after quitting.
- After 10 years, your lung cancer death rate is about half that of a smoker’s. Your risk of developing cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases.
- After 15 years, your risk of Coronary Heart Disease is back to that of a non-smoker.