Thank you for your interest in earning the Preceptor Certification! Please take a moment to view the description and course requirements below.
The Preceptor program is meant to equip each campus with the expertise to provide excellence in customer service. Caregiver Preceptors assist in the on boarding process as well as the ongoing training of fellow employees.
Caregiver Preceptors perform the following:
- Assist caregivers in balancing clinical, time management skills, and customer service excellence
- Empower caregivers to be cultural leaders and focus on the importance of personal interactions with both employees and customers
- Become leaders and educators of Trilogy Service Standards
- Work with new CNAs to assist them in becoming familiar with their jobs
- Complete a 12-month Preceptor Pathway to Success program, which includes monthly content such as attending meetings, serving on committees, and in-person education
An apprentice will attain a basic level of mastery across all competency areas before receiving certification. Basic mastery will be represented by the apprentice being able to articulate learning with each competency area and demonstrate successful integration of all the competencies relating to work.
Prerequisite: Employed with Trilogy for at least 6 months and completed the Dementia Certification at least 30 days ago.
Education Requirement: Competency Based Training 300 Minimum Hours (including education and on-the-job training)
Those wishing to earn the Preceptor Certification must:
- Complete on-the-job training as listed above.
- Have a good attendance record with less than 3 occurrences in the past twelve months
- Demonstrate superior work performance. Past performance evaluations may be reviewed as part of the selection process
- Maintain regular attendance at campus in-services
- Consistently demonstrate excellence in customer service
- Committed to, apply, and communicate Trilogy’s policies and mission statements
- Participate in an off-site, three-day program (overnight stay -2 nights- is required).
- Upon completion and graduation from the program, students will return to the campus as the Preceptor